To produce high quality I.T. engineers to suit diverse sectors of industry namely information technology, information technology enabled services, software development & services, research & development and to promote technology through all round development of students with academic excellence and professional approach.
Our mission is to support vision of College of Engineering, Ahmednagar and become oriented in the developing students with academic excellence and professional approach. To achieve this, staff shall continuously strive t create an environment conducive for the students to assimilate the best engineering practices, technical skills and social values.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs):
The students of Information Technology course after passing out will
- Graduates of the program will possess strong fundamental concepts in mathematics, science, engineering and Technology to address technological challenges.
- Possess knowledge and skills in the field of Computer Science & Engineering and Information Technology for analyzing, designing and implementing complex engineering problems of any domain with innovative approaches.
- Possess an attitude and aptitude for research, entrepreneurship and higher studies in the field of Computer Science & Engineering and Information Technology.
- Have commitment to ethical practices, societal contributions through communities and lifelong learning.
- Possess better communication, presentation, time management and team work skills leading to responsible & competent professionals and will be able to address challenges in the field of IT at global level.
Program Educational Outcomes (PO):
The students in the Information Technology course will attain:
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing, mathematics including discrete mathematics as well as probability and statistics, science, and engineering and technology;
- An ability to define a problem and provide a systematic solution with the help of conducting experiments, as well as analyzing and interpreting the data;
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a software or a software/hardware system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints;
- An ability to identify, formulate, and provide systematic solutions to complex engineering problems;
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering technologies tools, standard processes necessary for practice as a IT professional;
- An ability to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems with necessary constraints and assumptions;
- An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations and society;
- An ability to understand professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities;
- An ability to function effectively as an individual or as a team member to accomplish a desired goal(s);
- An ability to engage in life-long learning and continuing professional development to cope up with fast changes in the technologies/tools with the help of electives, professional organizations and extra-curricular activities;
- An ability to communicate effectively in engineering community at large by means of effective presentations, report writing, paper publications, demonstrations;
- An ability to understand engineering, management, financial aspects, performance,optimizations and time complexity necessary for professional practice;
- An ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity.